Effective date: 2019
TABLE OF CONTENTS
– Management of password and user id
– Payments, credits and refunds
– Prohibited matters
– Suspension of service
We consider our marketplace model the best way to offer valuable educational content to our users. We need rules to keep our platform and services safe for you, us and our student and instructor community. These Terms apply to all your activities on the Learndash website, the Learndash mobile applications, our TV applications, our APIs and other related services .
In using the Service, you must read and consent to all sections of these T&C.
1. Applicants who wish to use the Service (the “Prospective User") may apply for registration of use of the Service by agreeing these T&C and by filling out the online registration form.
2. If the Prospective User is a minor, consent of the person with parental authority is required. By the Prospective User agreeing to these T&C, the Company will deem that such Consent has been given.
3. The Company will determine, based on the Company’s criteria, whether the Prospective User who has made the registration application in the Paragraph 1 (the “Applicant") may be registered or not. If the registration is granted, the Company will notify the Applicant through an email.
4. If the Applicant falls within any of the following items, the Company may refuse registration or re-registration. The Company shall have no obligation to disclose the reason for refusal:
(i) If all or part of the Registration Information provided to the Company is false, erroneous or incomplete;
(ii) If the Applicant is a minor, adult ward, person under curatorship or person under assistance, and it turned out that consent, etc. by his/her statutory agent, guardian, curator or assistant had not been given;
(iii) If, in the Company’s judgment, the Applicant is an Anti-Social Force, Etc. (which shall mean organized crime group, member of an organized group, right-wing organized group, antisocial force, or any other person similar to the foregoing; hereinafter the same), or has any communication or relationship with any Anti-Social Force, etc., by cooperating or engaging with maintenance, operation or business of the Anti-Social Force, through provision of finance or otherwise;
(iv) If, in the Company’s judgment, the Applicant is a person who breached any contract with the Company in the past, or has relation to such person;
(v) In addition to the foregoing, if the Company deems that the registration is improper.
MANAGEMENT OF PASSWORD AND USER ID
1. The Registered User shall, at his/her own responsibility, appropriately manage and store the password and user ID for the Service. The Registered User shall not allow third persons to use the password or user ID, or lease, transfer, change the name of, or sell or purchase the same.
2. The Registered User shall be responsible, and the Company shall have no responsibility, for any damage arising from failure to properly manage passwords or user IDs, or misuse or use by third party of them.
PAYMENTS, CREDITS, AND REFUNDS
When you make a payment, you agree to use a valid payment method. If you arenâ€™t happy with your course, Learndash academy offers a 14-day refund or credit for most course purchases.
We regularly run promotions and sales for our courses and certain courses are only available at discounted prices for a set period of time. The price applicable to a course will be the price at the time you complete your purchase of the course (at checkout). Any price offered for a particular course may also be different when you are logged into your account from the price available to users who aren’t registered or logged in, because some of our promotions are available to new users only.
If you are logged into your account, the listed currency you see is based on your location when you created your account. If you are not logged into your account, the price currency is based on the country where you are located. We do not enable users to see pricing in other currencies.
you are a student located in a country where use and sales tax, goods and services tax, or value added tax is applicable to consumer sales, we are responsible for collecting and remitting that tax to the proper tax authorities. In certain countries, the price you see may include such taxes.
You agree to pay the fees for courses that you purchase, and you authorize us to charge your debit or credit card for those fees. Learndash academy works with third party payment processing partners to offer you the most convenient payment methods and to keep your payment information secure. At this time, we accept all major credit, debit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) and net banking for your purchases.
When you make a purchase, you agree not to use an invalid or unauthorized payment method. If your payment method fails and you still get access to the course you are enrolling in, you agree to pay us the corresponding fees within fourteen (14) days of notification from us. We reserve the right to disable access to any course for which we have not received adequate payments.
Refunds and Credits
f the course you purchased is not what you were expecting, you can request, within 14 days of your purchase of the course, that Learndash credit/refund your account. We reserve the right to apply a credit or a refund, at our discretion, depending on capabilities of our payment processing partners or the platform from which you purchased your course (website, mobile or TV app). No credit or refund is due to you if you request it after the 14-day guarantee time limit has passed.
To request a credit/refund, please email to us at enquiry@theLearndashacademy.in within 14 days of your purchase of the course.
In some cases, we may issue credits to your account. These credits will be automatically applied towards your next course purchase on our website, but can’t be used for purchases in our mobile or TV applications. Credits may expire if not used within the specified period, and have no cash value.
Reasons for Denied Refunds
While our 14 day refund policy is in place to protect students, we must also protect our instructors from fraud and provide a reasonable payment schedule. Payments are sent to instructors after 14 days, so we will not process refund requests received after the refund window.
If all course content was downloaded before the refund was requested, the refund request may be rejected.Finally, students who purchase and refund multiple courses over an extended period may be subject to suspension for abuse of the refund policy.
At our discretion, if we believe you are abusing our credit/refund policy, we reserve the right to ban your account and to restrict all future use of the Services. If we ban your account due to your violation of these Terms, you will not be eligible to receive any credit or refund.
If you purchased the course through a third party vendor, we cannot process your refund. Since we did not process the original payment, we do not have the transaction on file, and cannot initiate a refund for you.
SUSPENSION OF SERVICE
If any of the following events occurs, the Company may, without serving prior notice to the Registered User, suspend or cease provision of all or part of the Service:
– Emergent checkup or maintenance of the computer system for the Service is carried out;
– Computer or communication lines, etc. are suspended due to an accident;
– Operation of the Service is severed due to earthquake, lightning strike, fire, wind or flood damage, blackout or an act of providence, or any other major catastrophe.
– In addition to the foregoing, the Company deems it necessary to suspend or cease the Service.
1. Any and all intellectual property rights pertaining to the website of the Company and the Service shall be held by the Company, or the persons who grants license to the Company (the “Licensors.") License to use the Service under these T&C shall not mean license to use the intellectual property of the Company or Licensors pertaining to the website of the Company or the Service.
2. All software contained in the Service contains proprietary rights and business secrets protected under the intellectual property laws.
3. Collection or duplication of the contents of the Service, in whatever manner, shall be prohibited unless prior written consent of the Company is obtained.
4. Creation (including embedment into slides, link to lessons, reprint or any use, etc. that exceeds the scope of citation)or provision or sale of any learning materials that use contents of the Service shall be prohibited unless prior written consent of the Company is obtained.