Replace MAST Permit

 If your permit is lost, destroyed or stolen and you need a MAST Permit replacement, follow the steps below to ensure your permit is mailed in a timely manner. Otherwise, register for course here and receive a new Permit.

Step 1: Verify

Please use the Permit Checker to ensure you received your permit from #1Alert. We can only replace permits issued by us.

Step 2: Payment


Class 13 permit (18 to 20 years of age). This permit allows you to:

  • Take alcohol orders
  • Carry alcohol to the customer and pour it into a customer’s glass at the customer’s table
  • You are eligible to upgrade to a Class 12 permit once you turn 21 years of age


Class 12 permit (21 and over). This permit allows you to:

  • Draw alcohol from tap and mix drinks
  • Perform duties included in the Class 13 permit
  • Manage the establishment
  • Conduct alcohol tastings at an approved locations with a tasting endorsement
  • At least one Class 12 permit holder must be on duty


You must have your MAST permit and a valid form of ID readily available for inspection by law enforcement any time you perform duties that include the sale, service or handling of alcohol. The permit is your property, not the property of your employer. If your employer requests it, provide a copy of your permit to your employer and keep the original permit for yourself. Your permit can be used at multiple places of employment or volunteer locations.


Working without a MAST permit beyond 60 days of the initial hire date is against the law. Violation of this law could result in a criminal citation with maximum $500 monetary penalty or up to 90 days in jail or both the fine and imprisonment. In addition your employer may get a monetary fine or license suspension or both.


Permits are valid for 5 years, but the expiration date on the permit will not change when the permit is replaced. Check out the “Permit Checker" to find your permit details.

If your permit is approaching its expiration date, you will have to retake the course and pass the exam to receive your new MAST Permit.


To replace your Mast Permit please contact us by filling out the form below.

We can only replace permits that were issued by the #1 ALERT Program or the National Licensing Association.

Contact the Washington State Liquor & Cannabis Board if your permit was issued by a different provider.