Upgrade MAST Permit

Is it time to Upgrade your Class 13? Great! Please follow the 2 steps below to ensure your permit is mailed in a timely manner.

If you got your Class 13 MAST Permit, but are now 21 or older, then you can Upgrade your MAST Permit to a Class 12 MAST Permit by following the steps below.  

Step 1: Verify

Please use the Permit Checker to ensure you received your permit from #1Alert. We can only replace permits issued by us.

Step 2: Payment


You must have your MAST permit and a valid form of ID readily available for inspection by law enforcement any time you perform duties that include the sale, service or handling of alcohol. The permit is your property, not the property of your employer. If your employer requests it, provide a copy of your permit to your employer and keep the original permit for yourself. Your permit can be used at multiple places of employment or volunteer locations.


Working without a MAST permit beyond 60 days of the initial hire date is against the law. Violation of this law could result in a criminal citation with maximum $500 monetary penalty or up to 90 days in jail or both the fine and imprisonment. In addition your employer may get a monetary fine or license suspension or both.


The expiration date on the permit will not change when the permit is upgraded

Class 13 Servers Permit can be upgraded to Class 12 Mixologist Permit for $5 by the #1 Alert program, as soon as the student turns 21

To upgrade your Mast Permit please contact us by submitting the form below with all of your details.


We can only upgrade permits that were issued by the #1 ALERT Program or the National Licensing Association. Contact the Washington State Liquor & Cannabis Board if your permit was issued by a different provider.


Class 13 permit (18 to 20 years of age). This permit allows you to:

  • Take alcohol orders
  • Carry alcohol to the customer and pour it into a customer’s glass at the customer’s table
  • You are eligible to upgrade to a Class 12 permit once you turn 21 years of age.


Class 12 permit (21 and over). This permit allows you to:

  • Draw alcohol from tap and mix drinks
  • Perform duties included in the Class 13 permit
  • Manage the establishment
  • Conduct alcohol tastings at an approved locations with a tasting endorsement
  • At least one Class 12 permit holder must be on duty